Sunday 10 July 2011

The best laid plans ...

The last few days have been rather different to what I had anticipated.

Late on Friday afternoon I received a phone call to say that the friend whom I was planning to visit yesterday was going into hospital so I "dropped everything" and spent the evening with her there.

Yesterday, I had lunch with friends (about thirty of us) - the original idea had been to eat 'alfresco' but torrential rain drove us indoors!! Nevertheless, we enjoyed a delicious meal of cold salmon with a splendid array of salads, followed by strawberries and cream.

Then, it was back to the hospital again; thankfully, she was more settled and beginning to respond to treatment.

Today, I should have been at a garden party but, unfortunately, it had to be cancelled at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances! As a result I have had a "domestic" day catching up with chores and then popped down to the hospital for a quick visit.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  I haven't got any specific events planned, but you never know ...

1 comment:

  1. We hope your friend has a quick recovery.
    Thank you for your sweet message for Fui :)

    ReplyDelete